We gathered for the Festival of Radical Discipleship in winter 2015.
11 members of the Carnival Crew gathered in Oak View, Ca for the Kinsler Institute: A Festival of Radical Discipleship, convened and hosted by Bartimaeus Cooperative Ministries. We performed the “Water Show,” amped up worship time, painted a mini-mural, performed music on one evening, and contributed to the opening and closing ceremonies. It was an amazing opportunity to connect with folks around the country doing faith-led activism and art, to learn about movement history, and celebrate those who have committed their lives to radical discipleship.
- Giving the stage to the Arch Squishop WaterChed and his school of Holy Mackrels
- A profound depiction of the mechanization of water performed by Nan Young while hearing “Blow wind blow” from our guest artist and friend Seth Martin
- Sharing a dance & song performance of “Stay on the Battlefield” with poem by Sonia Sanchez at the Festival’s closing ceremony
- Getting all to dance at the end of a long day with a musical set incorporating Seth Martin, Psalters, and the new Beast project
- Opening the Festival with a drum circle and a rowdy rendition of the “Canticle of the Turning”
- Sharing a community dance at the end of the Water Show.
- A tremendous number of profound reflections and sweet encounters just through our participation in this historic event.